Table of Contents
Attracting, satisfying and saving customers is becoming more and more difficult. Companies that don’t pay enough attention to improving their client experience have a huge chance of losing this race. Even if an IT company provides a comprehensive range of services such as Custom Software Solution, which you can read more about in one of our previous articles about custom IT solutions, IT client service is an integral part of them. The reason is that to provide such complex services, it is necessary to understand clients, to gain their trust and confidence that the development company is concerned about their projects as if they were its own. That’s why IT client service must be provided at all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g in the case of Custom Software Solution are Discovery, Design & Prototyping, Development, and Evolution. You can read more about each stage on our website in the corresponding section. And in this article, we'll tell you how we are doing our best to provide the best service possible.
What is IT client service?
IT client service is basically a partnership and comprehensive support that we offer our customers before, during, and after they buy or use our services for planning, development, support and new versions creation of an IT product. There is a reason why we pay so much attention to IT client service. As the experience of top IT companies shows, quality customer service can be a great help for increasing customer satisfaction and likelihood that the client will stay. This can be seen in the infographics below.
So why is IT client service important?
Reading you loud and clear, Alex, but let’s dwell into the issue a little bit more. There are several reasons why IT client service is so important for the IT company. We'll talk more about each point below but for now, let's take a quick look at the main ones.
Maximal involvement in the project
Maximal involvement in the project implies a special attitude to the tasks. Specialists treat the tasks as if they were developing their own project. As experience shows, it has an extremely positive effect on the final result.
For true quality communication with the client, it is important to use the most complete list of tools and techniques for coordinated and fast work. Regular surveys, feedback gathering, reporting, along with continuous joint analysis of the development process and search for potential problems and their solutions are the hallmarks of good IT client service. All this is supported by partner relationships which further enhance the quality of interaction between the client and the contractor.
The operative solving of working issues
Quick solution of all types of working issues is one of the loyal companions of quality service. Nothing is as tiresome as waiting for an answer to a question that needs to be solved right now. The same concerns provision of the most actual information about the work on the project. It is provided by daily reports, work in the "tech support service" mode and of course involvement along with a willingness to always come to the aid.
True quality IT client service implies a guarantee for work done. You can, of course, take the performer's word for it, but the true high road is a documented commitment to do everything right, so in case of a problem it could be quickly fixed.
What is the concept of IT client service in MassMedia Group?
.1 Treating the client as a partner
We treat our clients first and foremost as partners, perceiving their projects as our own. This implies the closest possible cooperation with the owner of the project. We are interested in the client's opinion regarding the result and always offer our expertise, if necessary. In particular, we:
- We conduct working sessions with the client
Our project managers (PM), sales managers and account managers are always interested in how the client is doing. It is not a simple formality as they are really worried about the fate of the project. We also practice constant meetings and brainstorms. During the meetings, we discuss in detail the client's needs, goals and problems. And don’t forget that the interaction with the client isn’t limited to purely working aspects.
- During the work on the project PMs, business analysts (BA), sales managers, account managers, and developers are constantly analyzing the work done, searching for possible business problems and offering their ideas for product improvement.
.2 Maximum involvement
We've already written about how important involvement in the project is, but let's speak about it one more time. Each client's project is treated by our specialists as if it were their own initiative. Hence, we deeply analyze all kinds of problems and make suggestions with several options for solving the client's problems.
How is this implemented by our employees?
- Involvement of our team in the project - We ask clients about their business and technical problems, while carefully logging them.
- Offer of several options for solving the client's problems - Once the business and technical problems of the client are identified, we provide our expertise to solve the problems.
- Discussion of problem-solving results - After the problem is solved, we collect the client's feedback through CSI.
.3 Working in a "personal tech support service" mode
Here goes another extremely important aspect of premium IT client service when it comes to efficiency. Don't be deceived by the phrase "personal tech support", as it isn’t only about technical issues. This so-called mode guarantees the fastest and most accurate answers to operational questions, advice on planning, contract, workflow, support during working hours, and if needed even after when the question is urgent (sometimes we also need to rest, be merciful).
What is included in "personal tech support"?
- Providing answers to operational questions by account manager and/or PM.
- Constant consultation with the account manager and/or PM on sprint and estimates planning, contract issues, the order of tasks fulfillment, support of the ready IT product in a question-and-answer format - during working hours. In case of emergency, the question might be answered within several hours after the working time is over.
.4 Progress reports
Feedback on the work done is crucial when it comes to IT client service. That's why we prepare and provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on the project’s status, tasks completed, sprints, compliance with deadlines in the format of "plan-fact".
What kind of reports are provided in the course of quality IT client service:
- Daily report on the completed tasks, the status of sprints, compliance with deadlines, plan for the next day, problems, risks, questions, ideas.
- A weekly report on the tasks completed, the status of sprints, compliance with the deadline, next week's plan, problems, risks, issues, ideas.
- Monthly report on tasks completed, state of sprints, compliance with the deadline, next month's plan, issues, risks, questions, ideas.
- Sprint performance report.
- Test report.
- Project Implementation Report.
- Creation of the report forms that will suit the client best.
.5 Conducting CSI surveys, analysis of results.
We are always interested in the client's opinion, and after receiving it we analyze the feedback not only within the framework of specific tasks, but also in general. Later we improve cooperation on the basis of the information received in order to provide even better IT client service.
How we get feedback from the client:
- CS surveys at a frequency previously agreed with the client and feedback analysis by PMs, account managers, developers, CTOs, owners. After that, we take appropriate measures.
- CSI survey once a month.
- CSI survey once every 3 months.
.6 Implementation of lifetime code warranty
Really qualitative client service isn’t only based on mutual respect, but also by the legal guarantees. Particularly speaking, it is a code warranty, which is written down in the contract and implies the correction of possible problems if there any. In our case, this guarantee is free and lifelong, provided that the code has not been modified by third parties.
How it is implemented:
- When bugs in our code are detected, a task is formed for the development department on the same day, an estimate is formed, the task is prioritized and executed within the specified time frame. The task is performed at the company's expense.
One of the cornerstones of our IT client service is the desire to work with the client not just as a contractor, but as a full-fledged technological partner. IT client service, in our understanding, is not just a service, but a certain philosophy of interaction, which allows to achieve the most harmonious work and give customers a feeling of comfort, reliability and involvement in the project. Read more about what it means in our article about technology partnership on LinkedIn. And if you're already aware of all its benefits, the Talk to expert button in the corner is exactly what you need to get this truly high-quality IT client service.